Page last updated Nov 7, 2008 @ 09:22pm
Credit Card Security
Credit card theft and fraud has become widely reported in the news media. There have been incidents of hackers breaking into online databases at large organizations, including merchants, businesses, and even government agencies. All the major credit card companies now require merchants to take extra steps to protect cardholder data if they have any connection to the internet. These requirements are often referred to as the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard). For more on these requirements see the card industry web sites. Click here for VISA's Card Information Security Program.
At NoOutage.com LLC we have taken many steps to prevent credit card theft and fraud including but not limited to the following.
- We have established a Comprehensive Data Security Policy that is reviewed and signed at least annually
- We use an outside security firm to regularly scan all our internet connections for vulnerabilities
- We regularly scan our workstations for viruses, trojans and spyware using up-to-date software
- We do not use wireless communications for computer access
- Our shopping cart system uses secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology that makes it nearly impossible for someone to intercept and decrypt your credit card information while it travels through the internet. (Click here for more about online security incidents in 1999).
- Your credit card information is only briefly stored online on a secure server after you submit your order. When your order is processed it is no longer stored on any of our systems connected to the internet. Therefore, we have no large accessible database of customer credit card numbers that internet hackers can go after.
- We have taken physical security steps to protect cardholder data
In conclusion, we believe your credit card data is better protected at NoOutage.com LLC than at most other similarly sized online merchants.
Are YOU ready for the next power outage?
1 Video Introduction
2 Outage Archives
3 Utility Industry
4 Why You Need Backup
5 Personal Stories
6 NoOutage Configurations
8 Sizing for Your Needs
9 Voltage Drop Calculator
10 Test Reports
11 Placing Order
12 Equipment Leasing
13 Books & Videos
15 Frequently Asked
16 Future Technologies
17 Electricity Glossary
18 Help with Plug Types
19 Who We Are
20 Why Buy Here
21 Our Customers
22 Pick a Contractor
23 Privacy Promise
24 Safe Shopping Guarantee
25 Terms & Conditions
26 What's New
27 Contacting Us
28 Parts Lookup
29 Parts & Service
30 Made in USA
We welcome your feedback or questions. Click here to contact us.
See our Terms & Conditions before using information or ordering from this web site.
Copyright © 1999-2016 NoOutage.com LLC. All rights reserved.