Page last updated Sep 6, 2019 @ 09:28pm
Installed turbine in operation Viewing port Housing flange Shipping crate System configuration Preliminary Performance click thumbnail image above to enlarge
Scott Hydroelectric Turbine Generator
low head, cross flow
suitable for battery-based off-grid system
or battery-less grid tie
Unlike most water turbines which have axial or radial flows, in a cross-flow turbine, water passes through the turbine transversely or across the turbine blades. As with a water wheel, the water is admitted at the turbine's edge. After passing the runner, it leaves on the opposite side. Going through the runner twice provides additional efficiency. When the water leaves the runner, it also helps clean the runner of small debris and pollution. The cross-flow turbine is a low-speed machine that is well suited for locations with low head.
The Advantages of Cross Flow turbines
• Mostly used in Mini and Micro Hydropower production
• Ideal for low head conditions as low as 20 feet of vertical drop
• The flat efficiency curve yields better annual performance than other turbine systems
• Excellent behavior with partial load or low stream flow
• Well suited for unattended electricity production.
• Its construction makes it easier to maintain than other turbine types
• There are only three rotating components
• Almost no turbine noise
• Self cleaning. No runner cleaning is necessary
• No dam required-simple diversion up stream or any water source meeting requirements
• Designed & Manufactured for years of maintenance free service
• System runs 24/7---365 days a year in all weather conditions
• Turbine housing constructed of heat treated aluminum with powder coated finish
• Entire assembly made out of non-corrosive material
• Bearings are double sealed permanently lubed stainless steel
• The runner, shaft and fasteners are made from 300 series stainless steel.
• Alternator is (permanent magnet) 3-phase AC direct drive with no gear box---increases reliability
• high voltage AC output for long line transmission capability
• 3-phase rectifier changes AC to DC for battery charging
• Generator is capable of up to 2000 watts. These figures will vary according to each installation.
• Made in USA
• 8 bolt pattern 9.5 b.c. (at turbine)
• Recommend 25 feet net head (fall)
• Screened intake to prevent fish, leaves, and rocks from entering system,
• Should have small shelter to cover unit
• 130 to 200 volts AC output rectified to DC for charge controller for battery setup, or grid connection.
• Complete unit (Turbine and Generator mounted on Frame) weight 95 lbs.
AC and DC Cable/wire length and voltage drop must be evaluated carefully when laying out system. Click here for our simple voltage drop calculator. If the turbine will be located far from the battery bank and inverter, voltage drop and wire cost can be reduced by locating the ac-to-dc rectifier at the battery end of the transmission line. The transmission line in this case will be 3 phase ac and will require 3 conductors.
Customers who purchased this product also ordered:
(click underlined words to see product pages)
Pressure gauge PRESSGAUGE
Charge controller of proper voltage & current rating.
Inverter for off-grid MS-SERIES or FX-VFX, or grid-tie GTFX-GVFX operation.
Select turbine options and press Add to Cart ---
Item Number: SCOTT
Price last updated 10/4/2014
Shipping Weight: 100 lbs.
This item normally ships in approximately 2 weeks or less.
Are YOU ready for the next power outage?
2 Outage Archives
3 Utility Industry
4 Why You Need Backup
5 Personal Stories
6 NoOutage Configurations
8 Sizing for Your Needs
9 Voltage Drop Calculator
10 Test Reports
11 Placing Order
12 Equipment Leasing
13 Books & Videos
15 Frequently Asked
16 Future Technologies
17 Electricity Glossary
18 Help with Plug Types
19 Who We Are
20 Why Buy Here
21 Our Customers
22 Pick a Contractor
23 Privacy Promise
24 Safe Shopping Guarantee
25 Terms & Conditions
26 What's New
27 Contacting Us
28 Parts Lookup
29 Parts & Service
30 Made in USA
We welcome your feedback or questions. Click here to contact us.
See our Terms & Conditions before using information or ordering from this web site.
Copyright © 1999-2021 NoOutage.com LLC. All rights reserved.