Page last updated Oct 20, 2021 @ 10:06pm
(This item currently not
|Typical good and bad coils||Replacement coil installed on solenoid||Some have rectifiers and varistors under tape||Replacement coil with new bobbin|
|click thumbnail image above to enlarge|
Coil Rewind/Replacement Service
for solenoids and contactors of automatic transfer switches
and some other equipment
Eaton, Cutler-Hammer, GE Zenith, ASCO, Cummins Onan, and others
Have a perfectly good automatic transfer switch with a failed operating coil? Can't get a new replacement coil from the manufacturer? Or do they want to sell you a whole new contactor assembly or switch at an exorbitant price? We can usually help with a lower-cost rewind option!
If the coil looks like it overheated read on. Or if the coil looks fine but no longer functions, it is probably open circuit in the winding. This can be checked with a multi-tester.
Types of coils that we can rewind
We can usually rewind these types of coils...
* open style with winding visible
* encapsulated coils (can usually be replaced with open style)
* winding covered with tape
* winding with hanging wire leads with stripped or crimp terminal ends
Types of coils that we currently CANNOT rewind
We usually CANNOT rewind these types of coils...
* winding contained with metal case that cannot be removed
* winding on a toroid (donut)
* winding on a transformer core which must be removed lamination by lamination
If in doubt email us a photo.
To place a rewind order
* troubleshoot circuit to make sure that the coil is indeed failed
* remove coil from mechanism and plunger
* weigh the coil (to estimate copper content)
* examine surface of coil for smoothness (if any large lumps then there may be
additional components such as rectifiers, surge suppressors or dropping resistors)
* check for another identical coil in good and working condition that can be sent for inspection
* select options below and add to shopping cart
* checkout and enter addresses
* we will acknowledge order with instructions where to mail the coil(s)
* if you can mail us the entire solenoid assembly that is even better as we can verify the plunger clearances
* after we receive the coil(s) we will perform a technical evaluation
* if price will be different we will contact you with a revised price and give you the option to cancel at no charge
* if we determine we cannot do the rewind we will return the coils to you at no charge
We will use the sample coil that you provide to manufacture a brand new bobbin.
We then wind the new bobbin with new magnet wire of the proper gauge with the correct number of turns, install it on the solenoid that you provide, electrically compare the resistance of the new coil with the original specs, and test the mechanical operation of the solenoid when power is applied. Once all that is complete we ship it to you along with terminals, wire ties and installation instructions.
Are YOU ready for the next power outage?
2 Outage Archives
3 Utility Industry
4 Why You Need Backup
5 Personal Stories
6 NoOutage Configurations
8 Sizing for Your Needs
9 Voltage Drop Calculator
10 Test Reports
11 Placing Order
12 Equipment Leasing
13 Books & Videos
15 Frequently Asked
16 Future Technologies
17 Electricity Glossary
18 Help with Plug Types
19 Who We Are
20 Why Buy Here
21 Our Customers
22 Pick a Contractor
23 Privacy Promise
24 Safe Shopping Guarantee
25 Terms & Conditions
26 What's New
27 Contacting Us
28 Parts Lookup
29 Parts & Service
30 Made in USA
We welcome your feedback or questions. Click here to contact us.
See our Terms & Conditions before using information or ordering from this web site.
Copyright © 1999-2022 NoOutage.com LLC. All rights reserved.