Page last updated
Click on thumbnail image above to enlarge
DC Surge Arrester
Silicon Oxide Varistor type arrester. This is a very economical way to provide a degree of lightning and surge protection for a whole electrical system. Designed to fit any 1/2 inch knockout for mounting. This one device will protect your entire downstream electrical system although surge protectors are still recommended at sensitive appliances, electronic equipment and computers. Made in USA
Lightning is a major source of voltage spikes that can damage or destroy your investment. Don't risk the damage and outage time by not installing arresters!
click above to enlarge
Note that all arresters can fail when hit with a high surge due to a nearby lightning strike. This arrester is designed to limit consequences of such a failure.
* Locknut and bushing furnished for simple mounting.
* Extra long 18" #12 THHN leads for ease of installation.
* Will pass a large number of high-energy surges and half-cycle spikes prior to failing.
* Always fails "clear" to permit continued use of power system.
* Non-conductive base to prevent a blown arrester from being a shock hazard.
* Will not produce carbon dust upon failing like some other arresters, preventing
damage to other equipment
* 2-1/4" high, 2-1/4" diameter
* PVC weatherproof case
* Locknut and washer furnished
* UL and cUL Recognized.
Simple to install on outside of panel, or inside.
|8 x 20 microsecond wave shape
per IEEE 28 ANSI & NEMA C62.1
5 nanosecond response time at 1 milliamp
10 nanosecond response time at 10,000 amps
25 nanosecond response time at 50,000 amps
2000 Joules per pole
|Discharge Current||Clamping Voltage||Number of Operations|
|5,000 amps||240 V||unlimited|
|10,000 amps||480 V||unlimited|
|20,000 amps||840 V||unlimited|
|40,000 amps||1300 V||unlimited|
|60,000 amps||2000 V||unlimited|