Page last updated Oct 20, 2021 @ 10:12pm
WE NO LONGER SELL
click on thumbnail image above to enlarge
Resistive Load Bank
54kW max, 1-phase
The NEW N-Series water cooled load bank is perfect for testing many kinds of power sources including generators, UPS systems and battery banks. It consists of a load tank complete with nine resistor elements, voltmeter and ammeters, load step selector switches, inlet and outlet hose fittings, all assembled and wired. Since the resistor elements are electrically isolated from the cooling water, water quality will not affect the load value. Made in USA
* Resistor elements immersed but electrically isolated from cooling water. Load value
not affected by cooling water quality.
* Designed to accept standard bolt-on water heater elements. Load step values can
be changed using locally available 120V and 240V standard elements. Higher voltages
must be special ordered.
* Panel meters indicate voltage and current for quick verification of loading
(meters rated 5% accuracy).
* Load bank configurations with selector switches controlling three load steps for
a wide variety of kW values.
* Power terminal block for test cables accepts #6 AWG to 350MCM copper or aluminum
conductors per pole.
* Cooling water connections for inlet and outlet will accept standard garden hose fittings.
Single female inlet connection and three male outlet couplings provided on tank.
* Since there are no cooling fans or other control devices, no external control power source
SPECS FOR STANDARD CONFIGURATIONS
Order desired configuration using drop down menus at bottom of this page.
Note that load bank can be operated at any lower voltage or up to rated value plus 10%.
However, load watts will vary with square of voltage.
All resistors use standard commonly available 240V water heater elements.
480V single phase model also available.
1. Tank is not pressure rated. Outlet hoses must be level or sloping down hill to prevent water outflow from top of tank.
2. This load bank can be used on AC or DC voltages. However, cam switches are load-break rated only for AC voltage.
3. Resistor elements are connected line-to-line. Therefore no neutral connection is required or available.
Are YOU ready for the next power outage?
2 Outage Archives
3 Utility Industry
4 Why You Need Backup
5 Personal Stories
6 NoOutage Configurations
8 Sizing for Your Needs
9 Voltage Drop Calculator
10 Test Reports
11 Placing Order
12 Equipment Leasing
13 Books & Videos
15 Frequently Asked
16 Future Technologies
17 Electricity Glossary
18 Help with Plug Types
19 Who We Are
20 Why Buy Here
21 Our Customers
22 Pick a Contractor
23 Privacy Promise
24 Safe Shopping Guarantee
25 Terms & Conditions
26 What's New
27 Contacting Us
28 Parts Lookup
29 Parts & Service
30 Made in USA
We welcome your feedback or questions. Click here to contact us.
See our Terms & Conditions before using information or ordering from this web site.
Copyright © 1999-2022 NoOutage.com LLC. All rights reserved.