Page last updated
NGV25 and NGV25-SW
optional switching to read two individual wires
THIS PRODUCT NOT
Click here for recommended replacement
|unswitched version||switched version||items included||connections
generator & utility single set CTs
generator & utility two sets CTs
Click thumbnail image above to enlarge
POWERmeter 6 Wattmeter
digital LED panel meter kit, prewired
Displays Volts, Hertz, Amps, kW, pf, hours
(for use with generators 4-350kW or
with power company service up to 1500A)
Don't operate your backup or alternative electric power system blind, risking damage to your generator and/or appliances! Install this meter so you can see everything that is happening. Perfect for monitoring generator parameters when your transfer switch or panel does not have meters. The kW display will show if you are overloading the generator and the Voltage and frequency (Hz) displays can be used to verify the generator is operating properly. An optional selector switch is available so that you can directly read the load on each hot leg of a standard split-phase North American power system. For regions that do not use a split-phase system such as most of Latin America and Europe the switch is not needed. This meter works on 60 Hz North American power systems and 50Hz systems in other regions.
Unlike analog meters that can only be accurately read over a limited fixed range this digital power meter can display both small values of generator output AND large values of utility input. Therefore this one meter can be used to monitor your normal utility power usage and your standby generator usage. And only a single set of current sensors is required. See the right-most connection diagram above.
6 DISPLAY FUNCTIONS IN BRIGHT RED EASY TO READ LEDs
- Voltage - accurate from 165V to 275V, ±1 V
- Frequency (Hertz) - 40Hz to 70Hz, ±0.2 Hz
- Current (Amps) - 0A to 999A, +2.5% or +1 digit
- Active Power (kW) - 0kW to 999.9kW, ±0.1 kW
- Power Factor - 0.0 to 1.0
- Total Operating Time (hours) - 0 to 9999, since first time meter energized
- Display Response Time - can take up to 5 seconds for readings to stabilize
- Optional selector switch to individually read L1 and L2 loads or the total load
- Pre-wired and installed in 3-gang box for easy wall mounting
- Includes 3-gang steel box, pre-punched stainless steel wall plate, 18" ENT conduit and fittings
- Current sensors for mounting on cables
- optional split-core style sensors available so that existing cables do not need to be disconnected
This new line of instruments is designed as a cost effective alternative to the traditional separate analog panel meters and can replace up to six meters. An electronic solid-state design ensures maximum durability against vibration while a microprocessor based digital sampling technology provides maximum accuracy and stability in a wide range of environments. The normal display shows Voltage, Hertz and Amps and a second page shows the other three parameters. Meter comes pre-programmed to match included sensors.
This meter can help you prevent costly problems such as:
- generator damage due to inadvertent overloading beyond total rated capacity
- winding overheating and damage due to one leg overloading above 50%
- failure of motor-operated appliances from low frequency (due to engine governor problems)
- failure of expensive entertainment systems from high voltage (due to generator voltage regulator problems)
- failure of computers from high voltage (due to generator voltage regulator problems)
Standard current transformer sensors are provided as shown. Special models or mountings are also available upon request.
|24 kVA 100A
400A max continuous
|24 kVA 100A
>200A max continuous
|36 kVA 150A
600A max continuous
|360 kVA 1500A rated|
|NGV25 un-switched version
210V, 220V, 230V, 240V
|NGV25-SW switched version
110/220V, 115/230V, 120/240V
|Use when measuring load on two individual wires is not needed, OR for power systems that are NOT split-phase such as in the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Montserrat, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, U.K., Uruguay.||Use when measuring of load on two individual wires of split phase system such as in the following countries: Bahamas, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Columbia, El Salvador, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Japan, Nicaragua, Panama, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Trinidad & Tobago, USA.|
- Split core sensors can be installed without disconnecting power cables. These are particularly useful if you want to monitor an existing electric service without having to disconnect the main power cables to install the sensors.
- When monitoring generator AND utility, if both cables will not fit through one current sensor opening, select and order two sets of current sensors.
- For applications in other countries not listed above contact us if you need assistance selecting the proper meter.